I haven’t posted on here in a while …well a long while to be honest. I was on vacation for a while and been busy with some other projects.
I came home one day to an envelope in my mailbox. I checked it and it was a cheque from PLIMUS. I was promoting a cellphone tracking software last year and I got my 1st cheque from them. I am due another cheque but it hasn’t arrived as yet. See pictures below ……
A cheque for US$59+ for sales of 2 items. It is small but it all ads up over time. The check is drawn on WELLS FARGO BANK.
Blogging ……and blogs in general, will be around for a very long time. It’s really amazing how many blogs are started every single day…… literally thousands upon thousands. Few will survive after a while though. If you intend to be successful in blogging, there are a few things that should be inscribed in your brain cells! So before you jump and dive into the blogging world, here are a few fundamental things to note below :
1. PATIENCE IS KEY: Being patient in any sort of business is key. Sometimes it will take a while before you start seeing any form of success, and if your blog was made solely for making money purposes, then it will take a while also. For most individuals, it can take and will take a long time for your website(s) to become popular,and even though it might become quite popular, it might still take some time before you can make income replacing money from it / them. Being able to sustain quality content and information in your blog is what makes it last long and be successful in the long run.
2. TRY TO FOCUS ON 1 TOPIC / NICHE : Individuals whose blogs focus on 1 major topic tend to hold more ‘water’ and more substance than those blogs that are centred around every single thing under the sun, including someone’s personal lives. Choose a topic / niche that you know that you can offer some sort of expertise in, whether it’s a cooking related/ food related blog or a topic centred around cars or pets or farming….. etc etc
3. YOU HAVE TO BE REALISTIC : There are many bloggers out there who don’t work a 9 to 5, who work from there homes or wherever else, and who make money by having and writing blogs for their audience and ‘entertaining’ their minds, and actually making good substantial money from it. PAT FLYNN from smartpassiveincome is one such influential and popular blogger who makes anywhere in the region of US$40,000 to US$53,000 PER MONTH with his blog and other ‘minor’ websites. Do NOT expect to be making such a gi-normous (gigantic + enormous) amount of money when you start your blogging journey! It can take you a couple years or even more to reach even half those amounts! If you somehow intend to only start blogging and start making money as soon as you type your very first word on your blog, then guess again! It all goes back to being PATIENT and having quality stuff on your website that people are actually interested in.
4. DON’T QUIT YOUR 9 TO 5 …… YET : Do not expect to make money from your blog as soon as you have started it. It will take time for it to gather momentum. Even when you see the first US$1 made, it is still not time to quit. It will take some time for any blog to gain popularity and momentum. Why would you want to quit your job and sit at home in front of your desktop or laptop’s screen, HOPING to make money, when you could actually QUIT your 9 to 5 WHEN you are ACTUALLY making income replacing money. Do not make that silly mistake, unless you have a crystal ball and can see into the future. So until then, do not quit. If you were already jobless, then fine …..that’s understood, you have no job per say to quit!
So to top it all off in a nutshell, being patient is key. Do not quit your job expecting to make money from the get go! Be realistic and try to focus on 1 niche / topic.
Thinking of entering the blogging world? See recommended must get material below
If you are ever ready to start your own website, here is a checklist of stuff that you WILL need!
1. A domain name (name of your website) : CLICK TO PURCHASE YOUR VERY OWN DOMAIN NAME
2. Hosting Service to host your website on : CLICK TO PURCHASE RELIABLE & SECURE WEBHOSTING 1 or
3. Starting A Blog Guidelines : CLICK TO GET YOUR OWN COPY OF “HOW TO START A BLOG THAT MATTERS”
There you go, the 1st two are the foundations when it comes on to starting your very own website. A domain name (website name) is key (well it is a MUST), and reliable servers to host your website on is also vital.
The 3rd item is a electronic booklet outlining and detailing how YOU can start and implement your very own income generating website successfully.
As human beings, we’ve all suffered some degree of failure. Whether it is huge failure, or small …. a failure is a failure. Setbacks will happen, it is just a part of life, but how YOU and myself deal with it determines if we will ever overcome it! Bouncing back successfully is what we all want and desire, and this can be realized depending on HOW we handle the situation at hand.
Failures are ok as long we don’t allow them to drive us over the edge and leave us depressed. If somehow we are failing at the very same situation(s), then I think we should try to go a different route or try a different method at resolving our problem at hand. Doing the very same thing over and over to try a solve a problem, and it still doesn’t work can be deemed as wasting of one’s precious time. Something else different needs to be done. Setbacks in our personal LIFE and in our BUSINESSES are a way of just telling us that that ONE particular method we tried just does not work!
Please note that a solution that works for one particular person might NOT necessarily work for YOU and myself! This doesn’ mean that this particular solution or method doesn’t work at all, it is just that it did not work for US! We might have to adjust our mindsets to the problem at hand so that an alternative solution might present itself to us.
Changing our attitudes can also keep us from remaining discouraged. Changing one’s attitude, truth and in fact, is not always easy,but it can go a long way in us clearing up our minds and attacking the problem from another angle. We are all emotional creatures, and we all know emotions can shadow fair and clear judgements. Emotions can also cause setbacks and throw you off the right track.
Keep an open mind try to adjust to the changes. Failures and setbacks will and can happen. Stuff will happen that will be our of our control! We should be prepared to adjust to stuffs we have absolutely no control over as well. How both YOU and I deal with these failures in some way or another determines if it turns out to be a HUGE setback, or if it only turns out to be a little “mud” in our paths to greater things in the long run.
Now, we all want to be able to make money online. Everyday, the staggering amount of people that choose to go this route is amazing. Literally hundreds of thousands of people across the world choose to go the blogging route every month. That is hundreds of thousands of NEW domain names registered/bought and hundreds of thousands hosting accounts opened.
You go online and read and read and read the success stories that other people are experiencing! We then try to replicate this ourselves, and yet we don’t see any returns for it,and even if we do, it’s quite a small amount. So what the heck could be keeping someone from making money online?
Here are four (4) reasons that can prevent anyone from making money online!
1. Attempting to be perfect!
I don’t know about YOU, but I am yet to meet a perfect person. Only a perfect person can operate a perfect business. No one expects you to be perfect! There is no perfect business plan, and mistakes are or should be expected to be made. the thing is,YOU should be learning from your mistakes made.
2. Selecting an incorrect Business Model!
You have to treat your new venture like a business somewhat. If you do nothing much, then undoubtedly you shouldn’t be expecting to make much money out of it now do you? Furthermore, having the wrong business model can lead to utter frustration! Find or choose something else that better suits YOU!
3. Trying to do everything yourself!
I know we like to be independent, but sometimes we will find ourselves in a situation where we need a bit of help and guidance. Don’t be afraid to ask someone for help.This applies to all business models, not only for online businesses. A little help goes a long way. One of your biggest helps can come from GOOGLE themselves :) . As people like to say …… “Use GOOGLE, it’s your friend” !
4. Not attracting any clientielle!
It is straight forward common sense that any form of business, whether online or located at a physical address, cannot and will not thrive without clientelle / customers. No customers = No business = No Chi ching ching !!! First you should decide, depending on your business model, who your target audience will be. So for example, if your business is based on selling ADULT related material, then your target audience shouldn’t be including teenagers and such. If you have an online business promoting soccer shoes and accessories, then obviously your target audience would most likely be males!
You can attract potential customers by distributing flyers, radio ads, newspaper ads etc etc.
So in essence, to be successful, you should be …….
a. Accepting that you will make a few mistakes, but learning from them is utmost important!
b. Having the right mindset and choosing a business module that fits YOU!
c. Getting help when you need it! 2 or 3 heads thinking and acting can make a world of difference!
d. Promoting your business to the right TARGET AUDIENCE!
SEE RELATED MATERIAL BELOW!!!
What on God’s green Earth to do with US$1,000,000 ?
SUPPOSE you suddenly found yourself with US$1 million. By legal means, nothing out of the ordinary, nothing illegal! You have gotten this money, and you will pay NO taxes from it! It will just all be yours to spend and use as you see fit.
How would you spend it?
How would you invest it?
What are some of the 1st things you would invest or spend on?
Comments and inputs are welcome :)
How 10,000 X US$100 notes might look below!